Most of the motorhomes on the market weigh less than 3,500 kg MAM (Maximum Authorised Mass, formerly known as PMA). A Type B licence is sufficient to be able to drive them.

For vehicles with a MAM greater than 3,500 kg, it is necessary to have a valid Type C licence.